By Cole :: November 13, 2004 @ 10:45 AM
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 bag frozen soy crumbles
• 3/4 cup bottled salsa
• 1/3 cup (3 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
• 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
• 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic, beans, and soy crumbles, and cook 2 minutes, stirring mixture frequently.
Stir in salsa, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/3 cup black bean mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 enchiladas)
CALORIES 386 (30% from fat); FAT 12.9g (satfat 4g, monofat 3.8g, polyfat 3.4g); PROTEIN 26.8g; CARBOHYDRATE 43.9g; FIBER 10.7g; CHOLESTEROL 17mg; IRON 5.4mg; SODIUM 995mg; CALCIUM 390mg;