« October 2004 :: Main :: December 2004 »

• red bell pepper
• cilantro
• olive oil
• peas and carrots
• pepper
• paprika

Simmer onion, garlic and red peppers in small oil.

Add rice and spices to pan, simmer

Add water, cilantro, peas and carrots

bring to a boil, cover, simmer for 15 minutes

cook on high for 1 min.

serve with hugs and kisses.

Category Recipes :: Category Ethnic :: Comments (0)

Chili-Cheese Black Bean Enchiladas

• 3/4 cup bottled salsa
• 1/3 cup (3 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
• 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
• 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 350°.

Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin, oregano, chili powder, garlic, beans, and soy crumbles, and cook 2 minutes, stirring mixture frequently.

Stir in salsa, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and add cream cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts.

Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread 1/3 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon about 1/3 cup black bean mixture down center of each tortilla, and roll up. Arrange enchiladas, seam sides down, crosswise in dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 enchiladas)

CALORIES 386 (30% from fat); FAT 12.9g (satfat 4g, monofat 3.8g, polyfat 3.4g); PROTEIN 26.8g; CARBOHYDRATE 43.9g; FIBER 10.7g; CHOLESTEROL 17mg; IRON 5.4mg; SODIUM 995mg; CALCIUM 390mg;

Category Recipes :: Category Main Course :: Comments (0)

First Lesson

By Hass :: November 12, 2004 @ 07:27 AM

Sprout has finally figured something out. Our little genius seems to have a graspe on why the pretext for the Franco-Prussian war wasn't really about the Spanish throne, as much as it was about a dispraportionate distribution of wealth. He(or she) also has a grasp on his (or her) ability to affect the universe. He (or she) kicks back when nicole rolls in a way that makes him (or her) uncomfortable.

Category Sprout :: Comments (0)

No, No, buy me stuf

By Hass :: November 08, 2004 @ 10:03 AM

Not to be out done by little Sprout's registry, I've done my own. I'm not expecting to get everythign on here, but if somebody has a an extra $3,900.00 there is a lens here with my name on it.

This is still a work in progress, I'll post again when it's finalized.

Amazon Wish List

One more thing that I didn't see at Amazon, a lens baby. I'll need this for the baby. LensBaby remember Canon EF mount.

Category Hass :: Comments (0)

Edible Electoral College

By Hass :: November 08, 2004 @ 09:46 AM

edible This was my prediction for the Electoral College vote. It proved radically wrong. I got a couple of easy to call states and regions right though. I've considered doing a final result map, but it's much too depressing. A county by county map would be cool do too, but I'd need to find smaller fruit.

I've been thinking about adding a whole section of edible Cartography. It'll take some work though.

Category Maps :: Comments (0)

Modesty

By Cole :: November 02, 2004 @ 01:30 PM

Blue or Pink? What did the Sprout reveal to us this morning? Zip, zilch, nada, nothing. Thirty-plus minutes of ultrasound fun, and Sprout revealed him/herself to be a healthy, gender-neutral baby. Bring on the green and yellow! Gender and Name to be determined on March 4, 2005.

Category Sprout :: Comments (1)

Voting with your tongue

By Hass :: November 02, 2004 @ 07:24 AM

I just voted!!! It felt good, I hope I pulled the right lever. I also licked the other lever. Ordinarilly this wouldn't be a big deal, but I am infected with the dreaded common cold. So remember, if you're voting after me be sure to choose correctly or face the wrath of the sniffles!!!! HA ha HA hA

Category Hass :: Comments (0)

2004-11-02 09:26:44

By Hass :: November 02, 2004 @ 06:33 AM

preg_lookuppreg_hands preg_profile

Category Photos :: Comments (0)

Blog ToDo List

By Hass :: November 02, 2004 @ 05:02 AM

• Figure out TrackBacks and Pings
• Get my HTML validated
• Find a quick easy way of adding photo galleries
• Hunt browser gremlins
• Add Xmas letter archive

Category About :: Comments (0)

Version 1.0

By Hass :: November 02, 2004 @ 04:42 AM

After three months of toil and frustration, we're launching the site today. Thanks to everybody who has taken a look and offered feedback.

I'm blown away by how much the web has changed since the last time I really got my teeth wrapped around a site. CSS and MT have made the World Wide Web a much snazzier place that is a lot easier to update.

As with anything new, I'm sure there will be kinks, please let me know if you see anything you want changed or fixed. Just leave a comment below.

Category About :: Comments (0)

Spoil Me

By Cole :: November 01, 2004 @ 07:03 PM

Sprout would like to let everyone know that he/she is officially registered at Babies R Us, despite Daddy's best efforts to get us registered for camera equipment. For your general amusement, buying pleasure, and web surfing convenience:

Sprout's Baby Registry

Look at that - you didn't even have to leave your chair!

Category Sprout :: Comments (0)

A Belly A Belly!

By Cole :: November 01, 2004 @ 11:54 AM

It took 22 weeks and 3 days, but it is no longer questionable as to whether of not Nicole is pregnant. The belly (which yes it still small) has arrived!

Category Cole :: Comments (0)

Already behind schedule

By Hass :: November 01, 2004 @ 06:25 AM

Nov. 1, a shinny reminder that the holiday season is just around the corner and it's time to make the 2004 Christmas letter a reality. The begining of November may seem a little early for an xmas letter, but we're slow writers and even slower on the layout. The goal is typically to get the letter done by T'giving and send it out a week or two later, we;ll see if we can hit it.

If anybody has ideas for the letter, or is interested in paid political advertising just leave a comment.

Category Season's Greetings :: Comments (0)