« Nadda mucho :: Leaving for the Hospital »

About that baby...

By Cole :: March 09, 2005 @ 09:49 AM

Our calendar has finally arrived!

We're due at Labor & Delivery tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m.

The long wait comes to a close. I wish I could wax poetic about this, and write down something I could show my little girl many years from now that would have some meaning to it, but alas, all I'm really thinking about is finally getting her foot removed from underneath my right rib cage.

Anyhow, so long as our little girl finally opts to cooperate, Sprout's birthday will be March 10, 2005. Maybe I should rephrase that, if there is any sort of kindness, justice, benevolance, karma or whatever in the world, we'll have this baby tomorrow and not on Friday the 11th, after no fewer then 17 hours of labor.

We're still rooting for Sproutie to make a go of this on her own, so if anyone was any last minute labor inducing advice, let's hear it now.

While you're at it, for a limited time we'll accept any advice offered on parenting an infant. This offer is due to expire as soon as Sprout arrives home, and we realize she's the one calling the shots anyway.

Category Sprout :: Comments (5)

Comments

Sorry, no parenting advice, I think the only way to learn is the hard way, trial and error, and you're right about who will be calling the shots.

As for labor-inducing advice, I just sent some to Hass's email address.

Posted by: chip at March 9, 2005 11:32 AM

I was induced, and it was fabulous. Mine was over two days, and that was just fine -- I got to take a break the first night to eat and have some ambien (my last full night of sleep for 12 months).

Good luck. Cole, I hope L&D makes you feel like a goddess.

Posted by: Kadi at March 9, 2005 01:13 PM

When she hears of this web site and looks in your and her dad's eyes....she will know..

Posted by: Mom at March 9, 2005 02:38 PM

here's my tip to you:

babys cry. it is okay that your baby will cry. sometimes the crying will drive you mad but understand that it is nothing you are doing; it is that young babys cry.

I spent a few weary nights crying because joaquin wouldnt stop crying and i felt so bad and guilty and useless.

a few weeks later i learned, "Crying is OKAY"

so say it after me, "crying is OKAY...crying is OKAY"

and breath.

Posted by: Natalie at March 9, 2005 05:27 PM

Hello! Anon236 from BCB here...Can't wait to see pics of your little sprout!! My best parenting advice? DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT! Don't believe anyone or anything that you read if it doesn't "click" with what you believe and feel. We spent too many long, painful, horrible, gut wrenching weeks trying to make our dd do everything "by the book" and that is when we discovered this philosophy! Co-sleeping SAVED our lives!!!!!! (zadie wouldn't sleep anywhere else). Have fun! Relax! and remember that these oh so tiring weeks will be a blur before you even know it and your baby will SOON be a big kid! Enjoy these early days - no matter how horrible they seem! LOL

Posted by: Stephanie at March 10, 2005 06:31 AM