By Cole :: March 26, 2005 @ 11:11 AM
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup frozen peas
• 1 pound penne, ziti or other cut pasta
• About 1 cup ricotta, preferably fresh
• 1 tablespoon softened butter
• 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil, and salt it. In a separate pot, cook peas in boiling salted water to cover, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again and set aside.
2. Cook pasta in the large pot. While it is cooking, mix ricotta, butter and half the Parmesan in a warm bowl. When pasta is almost done, remove about a cup of its cooking water, and use as much as you need to make ricotta mixture into a sauce.