By Cole :: January 18, 2005 @ 07:41 PM
• 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (Burrito sized)
• 3 Tablespoons Creamy PB
• 2 Tablespoons chopped apple (or apple pie filling)
• 2 Tablespoons Crisp Rice Cereal
• 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
• 1/4 C. Maple syrup
• 1 Tablespoon Vinegar (cider or balsamic)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Spread tortilla with PB, sprinkle with apple, cereal and brown sugar. Roll up and cut into 4 pieces.
Combine sauce ingredients for dipping.
Excellent hiking/camping treat
By Cole :: October 28, 2004 @ 06:48 PM
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2-8 oz. cans artichokes, chopped.
Mix and bake for 30 minutes at 350.
By Cole :: October 24, 2004 @ 06:01 PM
• 1 large onion sliced into rings
• 4 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
• 3 tbl spoons pickling spice
• 2 bay leaves broken into pieces
• 2 tbl spoons sugar
• 2 tbl spoons salt
• 3 tbl spoons pepper
• 4 tbl spoons tabasco sauce
• 2 tbl spoons whole pepper corns
• 4 tbl spoons Cajun pepper
• 4 table spoons franks hot sauce
• 10 cut open hot peppers
• 3 dozen eggs - hard boiled
• white and cider vinegar
Combine all ingredients in gallon glass jar. Vinegar is added after everything is in jar to cover all eggs.You can cut back on the vinegar and add some water to taste.Let stand for two/ three weeks, the longer you let stand the more the egg is saturated. Shake the jar once a day. After you open the jar keep it refrigerated.You can refrigerate while your waiting.It is in vinegar so it should be okay not refrigerated till opened.
By Cole :: October 24, 2004 @ 05:34 PM
•1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
•1/3 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
•1 tablespoon orange juice
•2 ripe bananas, sliced
•4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
•2 tablespoons honey-crunch wheat germ
•1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine peanut butter and yogurt, stirring until smooth. Drizzle juice over bananas; toss gently to coat.
Spread about 3 tablespoons peanut butter mixture over each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange about 1/3 cup banana slices in a single layer over peanut butter mixture. Combine wheat germ and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over banana slices. Roll up. Slice each roll into 6 pieces.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 4 pieces)
CALORIES 245 (28% from fat); FAT 7.7g (satfat 1.5g, monofat 3.8g, polyfat 2.4g); PROTEIN 9.1g; CARBOHYDRATE 31.3g; FIBER 3.9g; CHOLESTEROL 1mg; IRON 0.8mg; SODIUM 275mg; CALCIUM 37mg;